Networked/telematic/telepresence performance/presentation & real time media mixing laboratory exploring & testing the online venue TAP,
– as well as the tools: webcams (which can move, rotate, resize, flip in real time), but also mix & use media palettes, realtime drawing tool & type chat, we will use our own bodies
– explorations: scores/parameters/mini-scripts on the theme of water, interaction between webcams & body movements/voice & media, mixing & layering media (also with webcams), interaction text/voice/sound/chat, interaction online/onsite spaces with or without projections Documentation of previous laboratories on the blog
– exploring & testing TAP – as a new platform in development: what works, what doesn’t, what can be improved, wish list
– make your own performances/presentations on the TAP
– meeting future possible collaborators
– possible participation in various events (launch on 22 August, installation performance Oct & Dec, water science symposium, etc…to be discussed at the lab)
PARTICIPANTS PROFILE: Open-minded, interested in collaboration across disciplines (in arts, sciences, activism, environmentalism, education), curious to experiment and share skills
PRE-REQUISITE: There is no particular computer skill necessary for the workshop, however it could be useful to have some knowledge of these applications: photoshop, flash, video & sound editing.
PRACTICALLY : Bring your computer, in-built or/and external webcam, headset, media related to water (stills, videos, flash animations, sound & music files, text, spreadsheets). Be ready to move in comfortable clothes. NO FEE AS IT IS BASED ON EXPLORATIVE PERSONAL INTEREST OF EACH PARTICIPANT.
SCHEDULE & REGISTRATION – please select your sessions on doodle
– 12-15July online 1 session a day, onsite in residence at iMAL from 13-21h
– 18-22July only online 2 sessions a day to chose from – you need to take part in 3 sessions min (2hours per session). Please send an email to suzon
ABOUT SUZON: Suzon Fuks is a media artist, choreographer and director exploring the integration and interaction of dance & moving image through performance, screen, installation & online work. She is currently an Australia Council for the Arts Fellowship recipient.This project is initiated by Suzon Fuks as part of a Fellowship assisted by the Australian Government through the Australia Council for the Arts, its arts funding and advisory body; in collaboration with IGNEOUS and INKAHOOTS, supported by the Queensland Government through Arts Queensland, Brisbane City Council, the Judith Wright Centre for Contemporary Arts, Ausdance Queensland & Youth Arts Queensland. Creative Sparks is a joint initiative of Brisbane City Council and the Queensland Government through Arts Queensland. Artists collaborating so far on the project are from NZ, Australia, Indonesia, India, Serbia, Germany, France, Holland, UK, Canada & USA