to artists, scientists & professionals
22 March 2012,
on International Water Day
held on Waterwheel’s Tap
Mohamed Amin Hammami & Hichem Rejeb from Horticulture, Landscape & Environment Research Unit of Higher School of Agronomical Sciences of Chott Meriem, IRESA, Sousse University – Tunisia
– Water & landscape construction of yesterday. What to do today?
– Water and landscapes across disciplines
– Waters and landscapes: issues of layout development & territorial scales
– 30 JANUARY 2012: DEADLINE to send performance proposals & abstracts to Amin Hammami & Dr Hichem Rejeb
– 1 March 2012: deadline for completing accepted papers
– 10 –12 March: training on using Waterwheel for the accepted authors
– 12 March: announcement of the symposium program
– 22 March 2012: symposium
– 3 months after the symposium: publication of the proceedings (book & pdf file)
Guidelines for submissions – download here
Submission form – download here
photo from NASA’s eyes on the Earth blog Ichkeul Lake in northern Tunisia.
Top: November 14, 2001. Bottom: July 29, 2005; the water level is higher, but a large part of the lake appears red due to the presence of aquatic plants. Ichkeul Lake and wetlands are a major stopover point for hundreds of thousands of migrating birds who come to feed and nest. It is the last remaining lake in a chain that once extended across North Africa, and has badly deteriorated as a result of the construction of three dams on rivers supplying it and its marshes, which have cut off almost all inflow of freshwater. The Tunisian government plans to undertake various measures to retain freshwater in the lake on a year-round basis and reduce the salinity of the lake.
SPRINKLER FOUNTAIN by Suzon Fuks (Australia), Miljana Peric (Serbia) and Tara Rebele (USA) can be plotted as a net with many idea-sourcing knots, rain of conceptualized drops, cradle for discontinuous fluxes in which particles of waterdreams and waternightmares meet each other for a moment or two.
It is a place where you can leave your waterstory, waterpoem, watersketch, or whaterever: firstname.lastname@example.org > subject: water.
It is a time when you can get other kinds of aesthetic fluctuations, through the force of streams which have to be caused by decorative and dramatic tidal resonances.
We can’t tell you any more, because this plot is highly dependent upon the coming myriad of tiny aqua-semantical dataflows.
The only saying that would flow around for now is: to sprinkle or not to sprinkle?
SPRINKLER FOUNTAIN is part of VIRTUAL FOUNTAINS: for 101010 UpStage Festival, there will be presentation of initial ideas of a new project about WATER, a currency in all cultures, a compelling issue providing metaphors and vocabulary for creative exchange online and on-site.
In other words: please send us before the festival memories, tales & media about water that you are happy for us to use: email@example.com > subject: water, or just turn up at the fountain on the day! we will post a link closer to the date.
31 January 2010 – dança em foco – International Video & Dance Festival
The 2010 edition will take place in August in Rio de Janeiro followed by other cities, with free public showings.
The applications will only be accepted though the site.
5 February 2010 – Arizona State University Art Museum Annual Short Film and Video Festival
guidelines no longer than 10 minutes
The festival is an annual event, taking place in April of each year.
a still image from your entry in digital format (.jpg) for the Web and publicity purposes.
send your DVD copy with a brief description of the work + name + e-mail +phone numbers + mailing address.
Entries selected for the festival will become part of the festival library. By entering the festival, you give the ASU Art Museum permission to make copies of your work for press and educational purposes.
John D. Spiak – ASU Art Museum
Arizona State University
Tenth Street and Mill Avenue
Tempe, Arizona 85287-2911
12 February 2010
Please submit to the online portal
Symposium on Computational Aesthetics in London England on 14-16 June 2010
Artistic submissions are invited across the broad range of mediums
Computational Aesthetics. Specific examples include, but are not
• artworks that employ real-time visual processing;
• artworks that employ computer graphics on the web;
• 2D or 3D artworks that run on stand-alone consoles;
• virtual worlds created for the web;
• game art pieces that run on stand-alone consoles or the web;
• performances that include live computer graphics and/or live real-
time visuals; and
• artist presentations, posters or screenings that explore topics
related to computer graphics, modeling, and/or real-time visuals
15 February 2010 Naoussa International Film Festival
– The subject of the films depends on the judgment and the inspiration of the creators. The film has to be mainly created by using digital means. The total duration twenty (20′) minutes for fiction and animation films, ten (10′) minutes for experimental category.
– Please send your film in a DVD (PAL) for the process of selection.In case your film will be selected you should send to Naoussa International Film Festival a projection copy in DVCPRO or DVCAm or miniDV or BETA format.
– completed 18 months maximum before the date of the Festival.
– FILL IN ELECTRONIC APPLICATION FORM, print it, sign it and send it along with the film with the indication: “No commercial value, only for cultural reasons” + CD or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org: Stills (in electronic form*) + Photos directors/perforamers (in electronic form*)
TO: Naoussa International Film Festival- Digital View Department – Katsoulaki 1 – Naoussa, 59200 – Greece
28th February 2010
17th – 23th June 2010 Munich short film festival 2010 (Germany) (reelport)
28. February 2010
SIGNES DU NUIT – Paris (reelport) 31. March – 11. April 2010 – deadline: 28. February 2010
– allowed genres: fiction, documentary, experimental, video art
– 30 minutes max. lenght for shorts
– full lenght for documentaries
– films must have been completed on January 1st, 2008 or after
– screen ratio for 35 mm / 16:9 or 4:3 for DV / Sound/Son: PAL or NTSC
– language sequences should have English or French subtitles
28. February 2010
SHORT FILM FESTIVAL DETMOLD (Germany) (reelport)
From 10th to 13th June, accompanied by video installations, workshops, concerts and parties.
1 March 2010 – Companhia de Dança de Almada (Portugal)
“International Platform for Choreographers” and/or “Video-Dance Showcase”
Companhia de Dança de Almada (Almada Dance Company) is organizing a large forum for performing, meeting, dancing and interacting, to be held in Almada from 16 to 18 September, 2010. Individual choreographers or dance companies are welcome to submit their projects. Download the Conditions and the Proposal Application Form
2 March 2010 – [self ] ~imaging // artists portraying themselves in film and video
– The films/videos may be produced between 2005 and 2010
– Excerps of videos or films are not accepted!!
– Duration: max 10 minutes
– Only one film/video can be submitted.
– Productions using language and/or text other than English need English subtitles.
– The preview copy should be preferably made available online for review and/or download as Quicktime . mov, Windows Media .wmv, Flash video .flv – minimum size 480×360 px, preferred 640×480 px
–> if no own website is available, alternatively the film can be submitted via a free upload/download service, for instance, SENDSPACE – www.sendspace.com – or PANDO – www.pando.com
Once selected, the artists/directors will be invited to send a hardcopy of the selected video on DVD in best screening quality
5 March 2010 http://www.fileprixlux.org/entry-forms.aspx
31 March 2010
in May 2010 NapoliDanza – PARTICIPATION RULES
All the companies, videomakers and producers will be admitted to participate sending us a work about dance belonging to one of the following categories:
· A – Recordings of shows or studio processing of shows
· B – Video creations
· C – Documentaries and/or ethnic dances
Participants have to:
• Compile the online entry form on our web site, in each part ( as correct and complete as possible) for each video subscribed – http://www.napolidanza.com/index.asp?ling=e
• Mail us
1. a DVD copy of the video, PAL format only, which will remain as part of the Napolidanza videodance archive and will be used only for not commercial purposes.
2. 1 CD containing at least two still photos in JPEG format about the video, including the back stage working and write information on the support itself (avoid paper prints) and a brief outline (in .doc or .pdf format) about the content of the video (even with printed page attached).
3. (New) For works whose duration exceeds 3 mins. you must send us also a teaser (duration max 3 mins.) on a second DVD copy (always in PAL format) for free publishing on on-line archive on our website Napolidanza.com.
The folder must be sent to: NAPOLIDANZA c/o Marilena Riccio – viale Nicola Fornelli 8, 80132 Napoli – ITALY
FOLDER ARRIVED BY ORDINARY MAIL AFTER APRIL, 15TH 2010 WILL CAUSE RESPECTIVE WORK ELIMINATION FROM 17TH EDITION OF FESTIVAL.
2 April 2010 – One Minute Films of OMFC
(One Minute Film Collection)
5 April 2010 – CologneOFF VI – Cologne Online Film Festival
festival theme: “Let’s Celebrate – memory & identity in an experimental context”
– The full-length films/videos may originate from the years 2004-2010.
– Excerpts of videos or films are not accepted!!
– Duration: max 10 minutes (exceptions up to 15 minutes are possible)
– Max 2 films/videos can be submitted.
– Productions using language and/or text other than English need English subtitles.
– The preview copy should preferably be made available online for review and/or download
– as Quicktime . mov, Windows Media .wmv or Flash video flv (size 640×480 px)
After selection the artists/directors will be invited to send a hardcopy of the selected video on DVD in best screening quality.
23 April 2010 – VISIONI DAL FUTURO festival international contest
second edition .:IridescentWorlds:.
Torino May 28-29-30 2010 Cinema Massimo, Hiroshima Mon Amour
New competition announcement Video and Live media
Visions from the Future 2010 calls all the videomakers and audiovisual researchers to create, shaping image and sound, works that pass through us to imagine IRIDESCENT WORLDS.
30th of April 2010 – K3: Short Film Festival Villach – Awards
The uniqueness of this festival is the courageous mix of engaging and disturbing films.
send films with completed entry form to:
c/o K3: Int. Kurzfilmfestival Villach
ONGOING | ONGOING | ONGOING | ONGOING | ONGOING
TANK TV: An open Call for open minds
tank.tv welcomes submissions. Each piece of work is judged on its own merit rather than on name or history of the artist. In this way, tank.tv exhibits the known and unknown artist side by side.
deadline 1 September 2009 – 1 September 2010
Java Museum – Forum for internet Technology in Contemporary Art will be celebrating in 2010 its 10th anniversary and is looking for Internet based art from the years 2000-2010
details, regulations and entry form
from 27 January 2010 – SFC – Shoah Film Collection
A Virtual Memorial Foundation/VideoChannel
More information and entry form.
-The films/videos may originate from the years 2000-2009
-Only complete films are accepted, no excerpts!
-The films/videos can be submitted only in a digital format –> Quicktime, AVI, mpeg2, .flv via an upload platform like SENDSPACE – www.sendspace.com or an URL online
-The duration of a film/video may be min. 1 minute and max. 15 minutes, the duration may be exceeded, but only on request.
-Max. 2 films/videos may be submitted
-Films/videos produced in another language than English, need in any case English subtitles