5 February 2010 – Arizona State University Art Museum Annual Short Film and Video Festival guidelines no longer than 10 minutes
The festival is an annual event, taking place in April of each year.
a still image from your entry in digital format (.jpg) for the Web and publicity purposes. Send your DVD copy with a brief description of the work + name + e-mail +phone numbers + mailing address.
Entries selected for the festival will become part of the festival library. By entering the festival, you give the ASU Art Museum permission to make copies of your work for press and educational purposes.
John D. Spiak – ASU Art Museum
Arizona State University
Tenth Street and Mill Avenue
Tempe, Arizona 85287-2911
12 February 2010 Please submit to the online portal. Symposium on Computational Aesthetics in London England on 14-16 June 2010. Artistic submissions are invited across the broad range of mediums covered by Computational Aesthetics. Specific examples include, but are not limited to:
• artworks that employ real-time visual processing;
• artworks that employ computer graphics on the web;
• 2D or 3D artworks that run on stand-alone consoles;
• virtual worlds created for the web;
• game art pieces that run on stand-alone consoles or the web;
• performances that include live computer graphics and/or live real-
time visuals; and
• artist presentations, posters or screenings that explore topics
related to computer graphics, modeling, and/or real-time visuals
15 February 2010 Naoussa International Film Festival – The subject of the films depends on the judgment and the inspiration of the creators. The film has to be mainly created by using digital means. The total duration twenty (20′) minutes for fiction and animation films, ten (10′) minutes for experimental category.
– Please send your film in a DVD (PAL) for the process of selection.In case your film will be selected you should send to Naoussa International Film Festival a projection copy in DVCPRO or DVCAm or miniDV or BETA format.
– completed 18 months maximum before the date of the Festival.
– FILL IN ELECTRONIC APPLICATION FORM, print it, sign it and send it along with the film with the indication: “No commercial value, only for cultural reasons” + CD or via e-mail to email@example.com: Stills (in electronic form*) + Photos directors/performers (in electronic form*)
TO: Naoussa International Film Festival- Digital View Department – Katsoulaki 1 – Naoussa, 59200 – Greece
28th February 2010 17th – 23th June 2010 Munich short film festival 2010 (Germany) (reelport)
28. February 2010 SIGNES DU NUIT – Paris (reelport) 31. March – 11. April 2010 – deadline: 28. February 2010
– allowed genres: fiction, documentary, experimental, video art
– 30 minutes max. lenght for shorts
– full lenght for documentaries
– films must have been completed on January 1st, 2008 or after
– screen ratio for 35 mm / 16:9 or 4:3 for DV / Sound/Son: PAL or NTSC
– language sequences should have English or French subtitles
28. February 2010 SHORT FILM FESTIVAL DETMOLD (Germany) (reelport)
From 10th to 13th June, accompanied by video installations, workshops, concerts and parties.
1 March 2010 – Companhia de Dança de Almada (Portugal) “International Platform for Choreographers” and/or “Video-Dance Showcase”
Companhia de Dança de Almada (Almada Dance Company) is organizing a large forum for performing, meeting, dancing and interacting, to be held in Almada from 16 to 18 September, 2010. Individual choreographers or dance companies are welcome to submit their projects. Download the Conditions and the Proposal Application Form
2 March 2010 – [self]~imaging// artists portraying themselves in film and video
– The films/videos may be produced between 2005 and 2010
– Excerps of videos or films are not accepted!!
– Duration: max 10 minutes
– Only one film/video can be submitted.
– Productions using language and/or text other than English need English subtitles.
– The preview copy should be preferably made available online for review and/or download as Quicktime . mov, Windows Media .wmv, Flash video .flv – minimum size 480×360 px, preferred 640×480 px
–> if no own website is available, alternatively the film can be submitted via a free upload/download service, for instance, SENDSPACE – www.sendspace.com – or PANDO – www.pando.com
Once selected, the artists/directors will be invited to send a hardcopy of the selected video on DVD in best screening quality
31 March 2010 in May 2010 NapoliDanza – PARTICIPATION RULES
All the companies, videomakers and producers will be admitted to participate sending us a work about dance belonging to one of the following categories:
· A – Recordings of shows or studio processing of shows
· B – Video creations
· C – Documentaries and/or ethnic dances
Participants have to:
• Compile the online entry form on our web site, in each part ( as correct and complete as possible) for each video subscribed – http://www.napolidanza.com/index.asp?ling=e
• Mail us
1. a DVD copy of the video, PAL format only, which will remain as part of the Napolidanza videodance archive and will be used only for not commercial purposes.
2. 1 CD containing at least two still photos in JPEG format about the video, including the back stage working and write information on the support itself (avoid paper prints) and a brief outline (in .doc or .pdf format) about the content of the video (even with printed page attached).
3. (New) For works whose duration exceeds 3 mins. you must send us also a teaser (duration max 3 mins.) on a second DVD copy (always in PAL format) for free publishing on on-line archive on our website Napolidanza.com.
The folder must be sent to: NAPOLIDANZA c/o Marilena Riccio – viale Nicola Fornelli 8, 80132 Napoli – ITALY
FOLDER ARRIVED BY ORDINARY MAIL AFTER APRIL, 15TH 2010 WILL CAUSE RESPECTIVE WORK ELIMINATION FROM 17TH EDITION OF FESTIVAL.
2 April 2010 – One Minute Films of OMFC
(One Minute Film Collection)
5 April 2010 – CologneOFF VI – Cologne Online Film Festival
festival theme: “Let’s Celebrate – memory & identity in an experimental context”
– The full-length films/videos may originate from the years 2004-2010.
– Excerpts of videos or films are not accepted!!
– Duration: max 10 minutes (exceptions up to 15 minutes are possible)
– Max 2 films/videos can be submitted.
– Productions using language and/or text other than English need English subtitles.
– The preview copy should preferably be made available online for review and/or download
– as Quicktime . mov, Windows Media .wmv or Flash video flv (size 640×480 px)
After selection the artists/directors will be invited to send a hardcopy of the selected video on DVD in best screening quality.
23 April 2010 – VISIONI DAL FUTURO festival international contest second edition .:IridescentWorlds:.
Torino May 28-29-30 2010 Cinema Massimo, Hiroshima Mon Amour
New competition announcement Video and Live media
Visions from the Future 2010 calls all the videomakers and audiovisual researchers to create, shaping image and sound, works that pass through us to imagine IRIDESCENT WORLDS. Entry Form
30th of April 2010 – K3: Short Film Festival Villach – Awards The uniqueness of this festival is the courageous mix of engaging and disturbing films.
send films with completed entry form to:
c/o K3: Int. Kurzfilmfestival Villach
ONGOING | ONGOING | ONGOING | ONGOING | ONGOING
TANK TV: An open Call for open minds tank.tv welcomes submissions. Each piece of work is judged on its own merit rather than on name or history of the artist. In this way, tank.tv exhibits the known and unknown artist side by side.
deadline 1 September 2009 – 1 September 2010 Java Museum – Forum for internet Technology in Contemporary Art will be celebrating in 2010 its 10th anniversary and is looking for Internet based art from the years 2000-2010
details, regulations and entry form
from 27 January 2010 – SFC – Shoah Film Collection A Virtual Memorial Foundation/VideoChannel
More information and entry form.
-The films/videos may originate from the years 2000-2009
-Only complete films are accepted, no excerpts!
-The films/videos can be submitted only in a digital format –> Quicktime, AVI, mpeg2, .flv via an upload platform like SENDSPACE – www.sendspace.com or an URL online
-The duration of a film/video may be min. 1 minute and max. 15 minutes, the duration may be exceeded, but only on request.
-Max. 2 films/videos may be submitted
-Films/videos produced in another language than English, need in any case English subtitles